Effective Date: July 12, 2018
Verico Technology (“Verico”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We have developed this Privacy Statement (this “Statement”) to describe how we may collect information about you through your interactions with us, on our website www.vericotechnology.com (the “Site”) that can be accessed via computer, tablet, or phone browser or through your online interactions with us (collectively, the “Services”), how we use information, and how and under what circumstances we share that information.
The Services are designed and intended for users from, and are controlled and operated by us from, the United States.
When you submit information to us or through the Site, you consent to the collection and processing of your information as described in this Privacy Statement. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS STATEMENT, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE OR SUBMIT INFORMATION TO US.
We may change this Privacy Statement. The “Effective Date” legend at the top of the page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Site. Your continued use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
1. Information We Collect
Verico collects information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”) directly from you when you voluntarily request information from Verico or supply information through the Services, including any and all materials submitted by you when you fill out a submission form, questionnaire, or inquiry, submit a job application and resume, or participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other marketing campaign. “Personal Information” includes information such as your name, company, phone number, email, address, and mailing address. In addition, when you submit an application for employment through our website, we collect the information contained in your resume or cover letter, such as previous work experience, education and other information you provide for our consideration. We also collect information through the Services that does not, on its own, identify a specific individual (including Usage Data defined below). If we link this information with your Personal Information in a way that renders it individually identifiable, we will treat it as Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
You agree that we may use your Personal Information as follows:
- to establish and manage business relations with you;
- to provide you with the services and products you request, and to respond to inquiries, requests and comments from you;
- to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to communicate special offers, promotions and information about our company and service offerings to you via email or to your mailing address, if you have provided one;
- to send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions of our business partners and affiliates;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities;
- to prevent or investigate activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful;
- for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the services;
- to assess your application for employment at Verico, to verify your information, conduct reference checks and communicate with you and inform you of further career opportunities;
- to better understand how you access and use the Site, for the purposes of trying to improve the Site, diagnose problems, administer our Site and respond to user preferences;
- to enforce our other applicable policies.
When you use the Site we may, like most website operators, automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you or “Usage Data”, such as your movement about the Site, the type of browser or operating system you use, Internet Protocol addresses, or the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Site. We use Usage Data to operate, improve and personalize the Site, to provide customer service, and to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
We also use tools like Google Analytics to measure traffic to our Site and how users interact with our Site. To find out more about how Google uses data when you use our Site and your options for controlling the information collected by Google from this Site, please click here. You may opt-out of having your activity on the Site made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics browser add-on, available here.
2. Disclosing Your Information to Third Parties
Any information we gather, whether voluntarily provided by you or automatically collected, may be used for our internal business purposes and disclosed to third parties, as stated below.
- Agents and Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include creating and maintaining our Site, sending postal mail and e-mail, managing and updating customer lists, developing and delivering targeted advertising, providing analytics and site usage information, processing transactions and payments, administering our promotions, contests, sweepstakes, and surveys; providing other marketing and promotional assistance, and providing other services related to the operation of our business. These third parties, contractors, consultants and other parties require the Personal Information to perform their functions on our behalf. These companies and individuals have agreed to keep your Personal Information confidential.
- Legal Compliance and Protection. Notwithstanding any other statements or representations in this Statement or elsewhere on our Site, we reserve the right to disclose any information in our possession if we are required to do so by law or we believe, in good faith, that such a disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, court order or other government or law enforcement agency, defend our rights or property, or to respond to an emergency situation or protect the rights, property or safety of website users.
- Corporate Transactions. Verico reserves the right to share information with its corporate affiliates and subsidiaries and to transfer Personal Information to a purchaser or successor entity in the event of a sale or other corporate transaction involving some or all of our business.
3. Third Party Links
The Site may contain links to websites maintained by third parties with which we have no affiliation (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter) as a convenience only and does not constitute an affiliation with, endorsement or sponsorship by the third parties. This Policy does not reflect the privacy practices of those third party sites. You should consult the privacy policies of those sites to learn about their practices.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We (like all websites) cannot warrant or guarantee 100% security of any information you transmit to us through the Site.
We may make chat rooms, forums, message boards or news groups available to you. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas is public. You should exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information in these areas, as this information is made available to other users. Do not disclose information in these public forums that might be considered confidential or proprietary or that you do not wish to be publicly available or that you are prohibited from disclosing.
5. Managing “Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers have a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, ad networks, plug-in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity via cookies or other tracking technologies. Our Site does not currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
6. Third Party Links
The Site may contain links to websites maintained by third parties with which we have no affiliation. This Statement does not reflect the privacy practices of those sites, and you should consult the privacy policies of those sites to learn about their practices. A link to any third party site does not mean that we endorse it or the quality or accuracy of information presented on it.
7. Additional Protections for Children
The Site is not designed for or targeted to children under the age of 13. Verico will never knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 through the Site without verifiable parental consent or unless that child’s parent or legal guardian has submitted the information in connection with the Services. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information.
8. Your Choices About Our Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
- Changing or Deleting Personal Data. We strive to maintain the accuracy of Personal Information collected. We will work with you to correct any information you submitted to us upon your request. If may not always be possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
- Commercial Electronic Communications. If you do not wish to receive communications from us, you may opt-out of receiving future communications by clicking the unsubscribe link featured at the end of our emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
9. Your Rights Under California Law
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and have an online account with us, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please email or call us using the contact information below.
If you are a California resident, you have a right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed Personal Information, as defined under California Civil Code Section 1798.80(e), during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. We will respond to one request per California resident per calendar year, according to California Civil Code Section 1798.83. You may request this information in writing by contacting us by mail at Verico Technology, 230 Shaker Rd., Enfield, CT 06082, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
10. Contacting Us
If you have questions or comments about this Statement or would like to review, update correct or delete any personally identifiable information you have provided, please contact us at email@example.com.
11. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
The Effective Date of this Statement is set forth at the top of this Statement. Verico may from time to time make changes to this Privacy Statement to reflect changes in legal or regulatory obligations or changes in the manner in which we collect and use Personal Information. We will notify you by posting the modified Statement, and its effective date, on this page. For this reason, you should regularly review this Statement and note the effective date. Your continued use of the Site after the Effective Date constitutes your acceptance of the amended Privacy Statement. The amended Privacy Statement supersedes all previous versions.