COVID-19: Verico’s Response & Strategy
May 6, 2020
At Verico Technology LLC (Verico), it is our priority to keep our employees, other stakeholders and their families healthy. As the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to spread globally, Verico is taking appropriate precautions to address the outbreak by following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other regulatory organizations. Our current approach and response to COVID-19 are outlined below.
Verico is actively monitoring and communicating developments regarding the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic to all employees, customers, vendors, and various other stakeholders, including information and guidance published by healthcare authorities around the globe.
One of many Verico’s product line is used for label printing on food packaging and various pharmaceutical supplies which has been deemed “essential” by the State. Hence, Verico is open and maintaining normal operations. To ensure that we can maintain normal operations as the spread of COVID-19 continues, we have activated our business continuity plans, which includes actions from our incident management team, who is responsible for overseeing our response to this evolving situation.
Furthermore, the company operates from a 90,000 sq. ft. facility with only 26 employees (i.e. one employee per every 3,500 sq. ft.) with almost every employee operating at a minimum 6 feet distance from each other.
Considering the above, COVID-19 has not impacted Verico’s ability to deliver any product and/or services at this time. Our strategy for business continuity includes:
- Following CDC guidance to institute training and preventative measures to reduce the chance of infection in the workplace, including having certain non-essential employees work from home.
- Cross-training employees to help maintain business operations in the event of decreased employee availability.
- Regular conversations with state officials regarding the status of their offices and potential alternative arrangements.
The pandemic response strategy and plan put in place by Verico, with immediate effect to mitigate the spread of the virus is as follows:
- Testing all employees with non-contact temperature guns upon entry into the facility
- All employee with a fever or COVID-19 symptoms are required to stay home for a period of at least 14 days
- All employees who can work from home are working from home
- No employees may conduct air travel
- No employees may conduct in person meetings without applying CDC social distancing policies
- At this point, customer meetings are conducted by phone/video conference and no visitors are allowed in our facility.
- Employees in high risk populations or those with a high-risk population member in their household are staying home
- Appropriate social distancing policies at physical location is enacted including CDC guided physical space between works stations, staggered breaks, and staggered lunch breaks
- All doors except fire doors and restrooms are open to remove touch points
- Cleaning crews with approved cleaning products are repeatedly moving through the plant wiping down common touch points: chairs, door handles, machinery controls, carts, hand rails, ear plug dispensers, eating surfaces, restrooms, sink handles, time clocks, phones, tape guns, scanners, radios, hand tools, and any other commonly touched surfaces
- Cleaning supplies stocked throughout the plant for employees to wipe down equipment they touch prior to and after shift
- Reminder signs posted throughout plant to encourage hand washing
- Break rooms are monitored for social distancing protocols and group size
Separately, we applaud the work done by the Connecticut Governor’s office with regards to health and safety and reiterate that the public health and our employees’ health and safety are our top priorities. Over the last several weeks, we have worked to ensure our plant is operating consistently with the CDC’s guidelines for businesses as well as the EH&S guidelines.
We have complete faith in our healthcare heroes and Verico is committed to help them and the community in any manner possible to help fight this disease. We are all in this together. Stay Strong and Stay Healthy.
Verico Management Team